Monday, August 27, 2012

First Day

The view from my classroom window never ceases to grab my attention. Sometimes I even wonder if it isn't a distraction from actually doing my job. But after stepping back in to the classroom after two months, the first thing I did was close the window blinds.I didn't do this to keep myself focused, or to prevent distractions. I did it because there was a glare on my poorly designed, glass covered white board and I was concerned my students wouldn't see my notes.I am not bragging at all and I didn't even really consider what I had done until writing this before bed. I am actually amazed that I caught myself doing something so small for the welfare of my students, that I avoided my own desire to check out the view. I finally have a course I am completely excited about teaching and can't wait to actually begin the semester.Let's hope this motivation and the help of new training make it one of my best.

No comments:

Post a Comment