Monday, October 15, 2012
Death to iOS 6
I am writing this while anger is fresh in my mind..... Death to iOS 6. Today I lost my voice from this annoying sinus infection I have been battling with over the last week. So I attempted to teach a class with no voice. I needed to do a review from the long break over holidays and midterms, so i basically set up a few"signs" I would to to get the students speaking (repeat, think, speak, full sentence, etc...). Everything was going well, me brilliantly using my CIs and MICs so I could do a nice reflective blog. And all the while, my trusty little iPhone filming away so I could review my actions as a teacher with no voice. The review went well enough and despite being distracted by a few late students, I had about 40 minutes of me silently provoking students to speak, and successfully so. This was probably my lowest level class, but the girls did really well at explaining their ideas more thoroughly when prompted and I was very happy. So after class, I sat down to review my awesome footage, only to find that somehow the camera had been switched to the reverse lens, leaving me with a lovely 40 minute shot of a dirty window, and not a glimpse of my teaching. On top of that, my classroom acoustics are shit, so it sounds like we are all hanging out in a tunnel with too many echoes. So much for reviewing and posting a good video. That being said, I can polish up a few things and try the lesson with tomorrow's class. I just hope iOS 6 doesnt decide to pull another fast one on me. Fool me once, shame on iPhone, fool me twice, shame on Steve Jobs.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm not sure if Steve Jobs situation could get any worse than it is now. Care to explain further these brilliant CI's and MICs? You may have accidently stumbled on El-Dorado here.
ReplyDelete