Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Writing on the wall.

Found in Drafts...

I have been teaching this writing course and I realized that it has turned in to more of a grammar class conforming to the typical korean style classrooms we have heard plenty of disparaging remarks on over the last months. I had to pick the material for this class from a bigger book at the beginning of August and honestly have been mostly unhappy with my work. Not that I chose poorly, but considering what we talked about in terms of writing that should be useful and practical as a function of L2, it is miserable.

As the next session nears, I have luckily had some good student reviews, so have been asked to come up with some course ideas for our winter bonus classes, one of which needs to be writing. Last week's discussion has given me a lot of good direction in choosing material that is both useful and meaningful. As I spend the next couple hectic weeks picking through material, I think keeping that meaningful terminal objective as my primary goal will help immensely.

No comments:

Post a Comment