Sunday, September 16, 2012
Weekly Objective .... CI style
Part of my goal this week will be to incorporate a little more group response and collaboration into class discussions this week. My hope is that students will communicate with each other in L2 while I am able to connect with individual groups for a few moments. I have already had my Monday morning class, and it wasn't very successful. There were some issues before class, so I wasn't able to begin class until later than I had hoped, so I had to rush through some of the material to keep on schedule. I ended up with half the time for group communication than I wanted, but most groups seemed to participate fairly well in English. Hopefully the rest of the week will go a little more smoothly, and I can incorporate a little more time into nurturing my student's ability to communicate with each other. Another goal is limiting CD questions only to comprehension checks, and even at that, I want to make sure I am following up on any of those with some kind of referential question where possible. I think as far as steering students to what information they need for the mid-term project, I need to make sure I cover points I should, but have them responding with their own thoughts or interpretation as much as possible...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment